Travel Leaders Network
Marketing Account Manager
(12/14 – Present)
- Liaison between Travel Leaders Group and select preferred suppliers (cruise, tour, car rental & wholesale).
- Work with preferred suppliers to develop strategic marketing plans to optimize annual marketing budgets of up to $2.5 Million per partner to drive sales revenue for both suppliers and travel agency members.
- Work with creative team and copywriters on the creation of B2B and B2C marketing materials for supplier partners to increase exposure and education of offers, vacation packages and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring timelines are met by partners and creative team for planned marketing activities.
- Review all print and digital assets to ensure they are in-line with partner brand guidelines and provided changes and recommendations as necessary.
- Develop all communications of programs to internal teams and member agencies to ensure engagement and support including website updates, training calls, webinars and mailings.
- Provide ongoing program analysis, propose adjustments and next step opportunities for supplier partners.
- Developed and manage a dedicated website for a top preferred supplier to capture both paid and organic leads for select agents. The management of this site is inclusive of collecting agent feedback, ongoing offer testing and lead analysis working to provide the most qualified leads.
- Invoice partners monthly for executed marketing initiatives.
Online Marketing Specialist
- Partner with clients to develop online business objectives and set measurable goals that will define program success.
- Implement effective strategies that include program member acquisition, engagement, calendar planning and segmentation.
- Develop marketing and creative concepts, write copy and provide creative direction.
- Direct execution of online marketing campaigns.
- Deliver tactical and strategic program reviews and recommendations for clients.
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis of program results.
- Develop custom project estimates and ensure detailed and accurate monthly billing for clients.
Choice Hotels International, Inc.
Silver Spring, MD
Project Manager, B2B Marketing – Marketing Services (2/11-12/11)
- Developed and produced all marketing materials to implement key national advertising campaigns targeting various intermediary and consumer segments, such as travel agencies, tour operators and government/military.
- Created quarterly external email newsletters to travel agents and group tour operators, including copy writing, graphics, layout, landing pages and list selection.
- Provided tracking reports for open rate and click through along with a summary of the campaign and suggestions for improvements for the next communication.
- Launched Global Sales outgoing email banner initiative including design and creation of banners, coordination of banner assignment and training the Global Sales team to utilize. Banners received over 4% click thru.
Drafted communication proposals and creative briefs to provide strategic direction to creative team.
- Managed project budgets and deadlines.
- Managed trade show booth creative, layout and setup for Global Sales department with agency for large and small industry shows including Pow Wow and International Franchise Expo.
- Managed internal and agency expectations regarding all assignments, ensuring viability and consistency of communication and/or creative strategy; estimated project costs, project schedule, and the production process, including implications of any changes.
Account Manager – Procurement Services (2/06-2/11)
- Managed 90+ food, beverage, operations and maintenance accounts.
- Responsible for growing transactional revenue year over year, fulfilling contractual marketing obligations, and allocating and administering over $750K in sponsorship fees.
- Managed day-to-day issues between vendors and franchisees.
- Assisted Brand Operations team in finding product and vendor solutions for brand programs.
- Assisted Marketing Communications department in launching brand programs to franchisees, Choice field staff and Qualified Vendors.
- Sold incremental advertising, convention booths and sponsorships to vendors.
Marketing Specialist, Programs & Promotions – Consumer Marketing (2/04-2/06)
- Managed two Frequency Marketing programs.
- For Airline Program: Maintained daily contact with 10 major airline partners.
- Managed approval internally and with each partner on all electronic, print, radio and television advertisements.
- Obtained valuable additional exposure for Choice via each partner’s communication channels.
- Worked individually with each partner on various co-op advertising efforts including inserts, web page offers and national print advertisements to increase awareness and encourage participation in both programs.
- Coordinated the launch of new airline partners with corporate communications, public relations and legal department.
- Worked closely with technical team to ensure successful tracking of partner airline miles/credits.
- For EA$Y CHOICE, Economy Frequency Program: Liaised with Customer Service Center, franchisees, outside vendors and technical team on any customer, promotion and/or property issues that may arise.
- Tracked success of program for senior team through monthly reporting of program growth and participation.
Marketing Specialist – Frequency Marketing (4/03-2/04)
- Prepared emails for deployment. Uploaded and attached lists to creative though proprietary email software.
- Embedded links into HTML code to track open rate, click thru and conversion data. Proofed content of each HTML and made any creative changes to the HTML code.
- Created all versions of each campaign and tested all versions prior to deployment.
On-Line Marketing Coordinator
- Project Coordinator for marketing emails; coordinated creative development, embedded tracking into HTML, requested list from Market Research, sent instructions for deployment to System Administrators, provided open rate, click thru and conversion data to Marketing Product Manager.
- Coordinated Online Banner Advertisements; worked with Sales Associates to determine price rates and total impressions for banner ads, coordinated marketing brief and creative development of banner ads, tracked click thru and conversion rates for all banner ads.
- Linked ad banners and optimized keywords to the appropriate landing page; coordinated page creative development, embedded link ids into the URL for tracking, worked with System Administrators to implement the hosting of these pages.